Joel Grossman, Tourism Solutions, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Joel Grossman of Tourism Solutions in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA is an energetic, results-driven executive with proven general management experience. Expertise in sales, marketing and organizational planning. Provides motivation and strategic leadership while building a team in today’s flexible environment. Demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans with creative solutions that improve core business profitability.
1978 to Present TOURISM SOLUTIONS Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Industry Consulting Company specializing in sales, marketing and administration. Founder and President/CEO. Clients included: Claridges Hotel London, Rank Hotels, U.K. and Europe, Abela Hotels U.K. and Europe, Hard Rock Café, Sea Goddess Cruise, Windstar Cruise, Budget Rent A Car, Ocean Club Resorts, Turks and Caicos, Hyatt International, Sandals, Curacao Tourist Board, Trinidad and Tobago Tourist Board, Nassau/Paradise Island Promotion Board, Alamo Rent A Car, Association of Nassau Resorts, Colony Beach Resort, Longboat Key, FL., Eden Roc Hotel, Miami Beach, Fashion Café, Hard Rock Café, Plantation Inn, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, The Reach, Key West, St. Lucia Tourist Board ,Radisson Resorts of the Bahamas Our Lucaya Resort, Grand Bahama. Developed and implemented both short and long term sales and marketing plans for some clients. Responsible for advertising and public relations budgets ranging from $2 million to $20 million. Created Platinum Tours, the first wholesale travel company offering Concorde, First Class and Business Class packages to U.K., Europe and the Orient. Management of sales offices within United States and overseas for some clients. Development of wholesale travel company to Branson, Missouri. Created Platinum Meetings and Incentives specializing in the Spirits Industry as well as Healthcare
* Curacao tourism awareness up over 40% in three years from North America through sales and marketing efforts.
* North American visitor arrivals to Curacao increased 14% annually over three years.
* After listing Curacao on Expedia, travel increased 181% the first year.
* Increased airlift service from North America to Curacao through relationships with American Airlines.
* For Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board, worked with individual small hotels (less than 100 rooms) to increase both occupancy and ADR. This was achieved through work on their websites to drive direct business.
* Developed excellent relationship with all of the Online Travel Agencies so the small hotels in Nassau Paradise Island received maximum exposure worldwide.
* Developed the first airline credit for Ocean Club Resorts, Turks and Caicos. It was posted on the guest folios increasing direct business by over 38%.
* Claridges Hotel, London wanted to lower room rates when business softened. I explained it would hurt their brand. Instead, offered complimentary roundtrip airport transfers from London. Also offered a complimentary 100 Pound gift card from Harrods. These were paid for out of room revenue so we could keep the rack rate credibility.