Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, UAE
The Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) is the principal authority for the planning, supervision, development and marketing of tourism in Dubai. We also market and promote the emirate’s commerce sector, and are responsible for the licensing and classification of all tourism services, including hotels establishments, tour operators, travel agents, and all other tourism services.
We’re committed to strengthening the Dubai economy through attracting tourists, inward investment into the emirate and delivering Dubai’s tourism vision for 2020, which includes welcoming 20 million visitors per year by 2020. DTCM has played a pivotal role in Dubai’s rise to prominence as one of the world’s leading tourism destinations, welcoming more than 10 million visitors in 2012 and 11 million in 2013. In addition to its headquarters in Dubai, DTCM operates 20 offices worldwide.
Our vision: Dubai will be the leading destination for global travel, business and events by 2020.
Our mission: Strengthen the Dubai economy by attracting tourists and inward investment into the emirate.
This will be accomplished by:
- Making Dubai the world’s most recommended leisure and business destination
- Innovatively and effectively raising the international profile of Dubai’s tourism and commercial offering
- Redefining traveller expectations with cutting-edge solutions and service excellence across all tourism touch-points
- Pioneering multi-dimensional, next-generation experiences that inspire people to visit and return to Dubai
- The Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) plays a critical role in growing the economic contribution of tourism to the emirate with a focus on working with governmental and private partners to both continually enhance the destination offering of Dubai and effectively market the offering to the world